Saturday, September 27, 2014

Answers to the Tolkien Quote Game

Here are the answers to who said what in the quote game!  And below the answers are everyone's scores :-)

Answers:

1.  "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall."  -- Aragorn, (TTT)

2.  "Many that live deserve death.  And some that die deserve life." -- Gandalf (FOTR)

3.  "Stir not the bitterness in the cup that I mixed for myself." -- Denethor (ROTK)

4.  "String, or nothing!" -- Gollum (TH)

5.  "If I hear not allowed much oftner, I'm going to get angry." -- Samwise Gamgee (ROTK)

6.  "Wherever I have been, I am back." -- Gandalf (TTT)

7.  "Forth now, and fear no darkness!" -- Theoden (ROTK)

8.  "Don't go where I can't follow!" -- Samwise Gamgee (TTT)

9.  "We are a failing people, a springless autumn." -- Faramir (TTT)

10.  "That was an eye-opener, and no mistake!" -- Samwise Gamgee (FOTR)

11.  "Go where you must go, and hope!" -- Gandalf (TTT)

12.  "Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing?" -- Boromir (FOTR)

13.  "One who cannot cast away a treasure at need is in fetters." -- Aragorn (TTT)

14.  "May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!" -- Gandalf (FOTR)

15.  "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -- Thorin (TH)


Scores:

Lynn M. -- 15
Lydia -- 14
Sarah (of the Ring and the Lion) -- 13
Manette -- 10
Hannah Mary -- 8
Elizabeth Anne D. -- 6
Sarah (of Sarah'Sword) -- 5
Joanna -- 4

Well done, everyone!  I'm glad you had fun with this :-)

8 comments:

  1. Good job everyone! This was a really tricky (and fun!) quote game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem. Well......I am ashamed. :D I Googled the quotes after submitting my answer, so I've been kicking myself ever since. *sigh* I'm just gonna have to read the books all the way through together, instead of putting a year between FOTR and TT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How recently you've read/seen them definitely makes a difference! And I did try to find some more obscure ones as well as some easy ones.

      Delete
    2. Some of them were definitely head-scratchers! Thanks for this... it was fun!

      Delete
  3. Well, I did amazing:) I'm off to memorize more Tolkien quotes;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Quotes are hard, though! What strikes one person as awesome and important leaves another cold.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)