Sunday, May 1, 2016

Poetry Month Celebration 2016 -- The End

Well, instead of doing a recap post for this final week, I'm just posting ALL the links from the whole month here.  I'll be deleting the official page later this month to make room for my Jane Eyre read-along's page, so this way, all these links will not be lost!  


Thanks so much to everyone who participated!  This event was a much bigger success than I ever hoped.  I'm happy there are so many people who dig poetry and wanted to celebrate it with me.  Whether you contributed a post yourself, filled out the tag, or just read and commented on other people's posts, you made this event lots of fun!

Contributed Poetry Posts

Two Favorite Poems -- Joseph

"The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes -- Hannah
Why I'm Celebrating Poetry -- Hamlette

Haikus by Matsuo Basho -- Hannah
"The Morning of Life" by Victor Hugo -- Cleopatra
Australian Poetry in WWI -- Carol

"No Coward Soul is Mine" by Emily Bronte -- Hannah
Poetry, a Gift to Our Children -- Silvia

Poetry Efforts #1 -- Hannah
Poetry Efforts #2 -- Hannah
"The Lovebird" (original poem) -- Joseph

Poetry Efforts #3 -- Hannah
"Still I Rise" by Maya Angelou -- Hannah
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter" by J.R.R. Tolkien -- Hannah
Galvanized by Leland Kinsey -- Lory
Poetry and Baseball -- Joseph

"Narnian Suite" by C. S. Lewis -- Cleopatra
"As I Walked Out One Evening" by W. H. Auden -- Hannah
"Invictus" by William Ernest Henley -- Hannah
"Sonnet XVIII" and "Love Sonnet XI" -- Hannah
"The Boy in the Moon" (original poem) -- Joseph
"Sonnet 6" (original poem) -- Hamlette

A Selection of Poems -- Hannah
"High Flight" by John Gillespie Magee, Jr. -- Joseph
"An Anglo-Saxon Riddle" (original poem) -- Cleopatra
3 Reasons Why You Should Go to a Poetry Reading -- Suzanne
Pride and Prejudice Poem (original poem) -- Naomi
"Ode to Dr. Seuss" (original poem) -- Joseph
"A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" by John Donne -- Brona Joy
"Today" (original poem) -- Kara
"A Curious Inbetween" (original poem) -- Kara
"Known" (original poem) -- Kara
"All You Who Sleep Tonight" (original poem) -- Hamlette
Nature Poetry -- Carol
"The Horse Show at Midnight" by Henry Taylor -- Joseph
Poetry and Prose in Shakespeare's Plays -- Hamlette
"The Crew of Columbia" (original poem) -- Joseph
My Favourite Poets -- Rose
"Mythopoeia" by J. R. R. Tolkien -- Joseph
Three Dashes of Poetry -- Heidi


FORTY POSTS!  People, you are amazing.  That doesn't even count all the tags y'all filled in and added to the link-up.

Thank you, thank you, one and all!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for organising and running the Poetry month, Hamlette. Really enjoyed being a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating, Carol! Without you and the others, it would just have been me and my 4 posts.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Jane Eyre read-along! I know I've already read it, but it wasn't that long ago. I don't think I've forgotten too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale, that's great! I look forward to your insights.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)