I'm snurching this idea from Kara at Flowers of Quiet Happiness. She recently featured three blogs with fewer than 100 followers, and I thought this was a great idea! I have a lot of blogging friends with not-so-well-known blogs that I wish others would "discover." So I am doing this tag even though I wasn't tagged with it. (In fact, I'm doing it twice! Once here, and once on my other blog.) Here are five book-related blogs (that Kara didn't already feature) that don't have a ton of followers, but that I am very fond of indeed:
Bookshelves and Daydreams -- Carissa Horton
Holds Upon Happiness -- Jennifer
Jennifer posts book reviews, musings on life, and lots of nifty photos. She likes to travel to England, and often describes her adventures there. (And by "adventures" I mean things like "how she got lost in the most amazing London bookstores.") Like me, Jennifer is a mother, and she has a great appreciation not only of children's books for all ages, but also for classics both ancient and modern. Reading her blog is like hanging out with a friend over steaming mugs of tea or coffee and discussing books.
Mirror with Clouds -- Dale
Dale's reviews are concise and well-focused, and I can generally tell from his posts if I'm going to like the book he's reviewing or not. He reads a LOT, and such a cool variety! Classics, modern short stories, and everything in between.
The Once Lost Wanderer -- Joseph
Joseph's reviews amuse me greatly. He has a fairly similar taste to mine when it comes to book choices, and yet, we quiet often have very different reactions to books, which is always fun to explore. And once in a while, he lets his grandsons "review" books that he's read to them.
On Stories and Words -- Meredith
Meredith reviews books, and sometimes movies too. She also posts fun musings on life, the occasional game, and other bits of amusingness. Also, she's met Christopher Paolini, so yeah... you know she's cool ;-)
If you want to do this too, here are the "rules:"
1. Feature 3-5 blogs with fewer than 100 followers.
2. Write 1-3 paragraphs about each blog, including information like what the blog is about, a brief bio of the blogger, and/or why you recommend their blog. Don't forget a link to their blog!
3. Include an image for each blog, whether it's a blog button, profile photo, header, or simply a screenshot of the blog.
4. Thank the blogger who featured you, and include a link to their blog. If you like, you can even include them as one of the blogs that you feature (especially if they joined the tag without having been featured by someone else).
5. Include the tag image somewhere in your post.