Saturday, September 24, 2016

Answers to the Tolkien or Not? Quotation Quiz

Here are the answers to the quotation quiz, and everyone's scores!



Answers:

#1 All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Tolkien!

#2  All that is gold does not glitter.
Tolkien!

#3  The better part of valor is discretion.
Not! (It's from Henry IV Part One by William Shakespeare.)

#4  Short cuts make long delays.
Tolkien!

#5  Though this be madness, yet there is a method in it.
Not!  (Also from Hamlet by William Shakespeare.)

#6  Happy is the man who finds wisdom.
Not!  (It's from the book of Proverbs.)

#7  The hands of a king are the hands of a healer.
Tolkien!

#8  Stolen water is sweet, and food eaten in secret is delicious.
Not!  (Also from the book of Proverbs.)

#9  Twice blessed is help unlooked-for.
Tolkien!

#10  Courage is found in unlikely places.
Tolkien!

Scores:

10 -- Cordy
10 -- Miss Meg
10 -- RM Lutz
9 -- DKoren
9 -- Ekaterina Egorova
9 -- Erudessa Aranduriel
8 -- Art3mis Took
8 -- Meredith
8 -- Savannah
7 -- Livia Rachelle
7 -- The Elf
3 -- MovieCritic

I'm so glad you enjoyed this game, as it's one I totally made up, and so different from the kinds I've done in the past.  Y'all were great at this!

4 comments:

  1. I have mantained a steady score...
    Thanks again Hamlette!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MovieCritic, thanks for playing! I'm glad you joined in :-)

      Delete
  2. *looks at scores* *jaw drops*

    WWOOOOOOWWWW!!! *dances happily for ages*

    DAY MADE.

    By the way, it was a VERY fun game!! :D (And I can't believe I got a perfect score, squeep! Don't think that's happened before...)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Meg, congratulations! Well done :-) I'm glad you liked this game! I think I may do a similar one next year, we'll see.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)